Direction: Under direction of Aquatic Supervisor, lifeguards work to ensure the safety and service of our guests. Lifeguards maintain constant surveillance of guests in the water, and act immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of our guests in the event of an emergency. They will provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS, and maintain skill at a rescue-ready level at all times. The successful lifeguard candidate will present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and will maintain a high standard of customer service. This person performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain cleanliness and safety and, if needed, prepares appropriate reports under direction of the Aquatic Supervisor.
Requirements: Successful lifeguard candidates will meet the following guidelines:
- Be willing and available to work as scheduled, based upon the needs of the park, including weekends and holidays
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be able to attend training at a time to be scheduled by Splash Zone Water Park
- Must successfully complete NASCO Lifeguard Training course provided by Splash Zone Water Park
- Possess physical stamina and can stand for extended periods of time in various weather conditions and temperatures
Description: You will work directly with the Facility Manager. Your attention to detail, quality control and high standards of maintenance and cleanliness are key to this position and will help deliver an excellent experience for our guests. This position will include, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities: pool maintenance (i.e. vacuuming pool floor, waterslide waxing, pool deck power washing, deck furniture cleaning/repair, etc.), pool water testing, locker area/restroom cleaning and other duties that are assigned. This position requires that you are able to work well with little immediate supervision. The ideal candidate will have prior experience working as a maintenance worker. Experience working with pool vacuums and pool water chemistry are a plus. This position will require work on weekends, early mornings (6:00am start) and some nights (after 8:00pm). This is a full-time seasonal position (40-50 hours per week), starting in May and ending on Labor Day.
Requirements: The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Fluency in English
- Able to teach others how to perform tasks
- Availability for a minimum of 50 hours per week, including weekends and holidays
- Experience in maintenance preferred
- Must be pleasant, courteous and enjoy working with people
- Must be professional in both appearance and attitude
- Comfortable with constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and are able to lift up to 50lbs